How to Register

Welcome new user. This site runs on a single-sign on system; if you are registered on the main site then the first time you visit the forum when you are logged in an account will automatically be created for you with the same username. Simply login to the main site and you will be logged into the forum as well.

To register, simply click the "Register" link at the top right of the page.

Photo

Gimko annual fee

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Deals_with_Cruiser

Deals_with_Cruiser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:15 AM

Hi all

Permit me to explain. I hope that this helps your research-it's honest feedback.

Haven't been on for quite some time. I had dropped off as almost no one wanted to buy/ sell or trade ,AFL cards

which was really surprising to me. My question relates to the email sent out to members re:

Annual fee for renewal.

I'm not sure if this is worthwhile for me. it's not the money, it's the time spent looking at no one answering my posts

or wanting to trade/deal..That got depressing. In future I might try again.

Can I just renew when I decide to go back and try again with Gimko? (will my details update when I return and stay on file)

Does it relate to both auction site and forum membership?

or can I continue to have the auction log in available and not participate in the forum?

If there was a situation whereby I could have the auction log in available but not be able to

access the forum unless fees are paid I'd accept that.

Please assist.

I would like an email answer,but if this is answered here I'll try to remember to look at it.

Cruise

1975-1991 SCANLENS CARDS

BUY SELL SWAP

Select 1993-2012 AFL

#2 Deals_with_Cruiser

Deals_with_Cruiser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 May 2015 - 12:50 AM

Just an update.

I've decided that there is value in buying cards on the gimko auction site.

I've begun the verification process and have stalled at 71% .

Can't get any closer. I've  been able to verify in the past with no hassles.

Please help.

1975-1991 SCANLENS CARDS

BUY SELL SWAP

Select 1993-2012 AFL

#3 theanswer333

theanswer333

• Moderators
  • 337 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 11 May 2015 - 09:27 AM

Hi Cruise,

I have been in email communication with you about your verification questions.

Also, to clear things up, there is no membership fee required to be able to use the Gimko marketplace OR the forums. I believe the fees you are referring to are with regards to the optional Gimko Verification Program.

To answer your questions:

Can I just renew when I decide to go back and try again with Gimko? (will my details update when I return and stay on file)

You don't have to renew your verification if you don't want to and it's completely up to you when and if you renew it; your details will remain the same.

Does it relate to both auction site and forum membership?

or can I continue to have the auction log in available and not participate in the forum?

If there was a situation whereby I could have the auction log in available but not be able to

access the forum unless fees are paid I'd accept that.

As above, there is no fee required to be able to use the Gimko marketplace OR the forum.

I hope this helps!

#4 Deals_with_Cruiser

Deals_with_Cruiser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:09 AM

Thx,you aren't called the answer for nothing :)

A lot clearer,and i think for a lot of other people that had similar questions as well.

Good stuff.

• theanswer333 likes this

1975-1991 SCANLENS CARDS

BUY SELL SWAP

Select 1993-2012 AFL