How to Register

Welcome new user. This site runs on a single-sign on system; if you are registered on the main site then the first time you visit the forum when you are logged in an account will automatically be created for you with the same username. Simply login to the main site and you will be logged into the forum as well.

To register, simply click the "Register" link at the top right of the page.

Photo

AFL Teamcoach

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rumble_the_bison

rumble_the_bison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:23 AM

Hi! 

Could one of the AFL guys give me a quick rundown on what Teamcoach is like? I like the look of the cards and the video-game like stats down the right and thinking of starting to collect. 

Can you play with them without going online and how does that work?

Thanks heaps in advance!

#2 Deals_with_Cruiser

Deals_with_Cruiser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:05 AM

The teamcoach brand started in 2000.

The first series was promotional and is considered hard to get.

There have been various extra prize,wild and gold/silver/blue cards over the years.

It is one of those series that contains other cards you won't get in the packet.

But you don't get them by redeeming.

You win them online..I never have I'm not into it. I like the older stuff.

There have also been ones with moving images on them (refractive)

I have a lot of the 2012 series for trade and sale as per my PM.

if I haven't answered your question feel free to hit me with something else you want to know.

1975-1991 SCANLENS CARDS

BUY SELL SWAP

Select 1993-2012 AFL

#3 rumble_the_bison

rumble_the_bison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:16 AM

How do you win them online? Sounds fascinating to me, is it a game of skill or luck?

#4 Deals_with_Cruiser

Deals_with_Cruiser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:26 AM

Hmmm..never done it..a few guys on AFLTCC forum are obsessed with it though.

Try this link.

https://www.google.c...I09MbO9w-0IN3fA

If the link doesn't work you need to get here..

www.teamcoach.com.au

it's for 2014 but I assume there hasn't been much change over the years.

There is a section to log in and the games are explained.

Edited by Deals_with_Cruiser, 01 June 2014 - 07:29 AM.

1975-1991 SCANLENS CARDS

BUY SELL SWAP

Select 1993-2012 AFL

#5 rumble_the_bison

rumble_the_bison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:35 AM

Thanks for that! 

#6 Scotty_WCE

Scotty_WCE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:32 AM

Hi Rumble!

I quite like the Teamcoach cards, and have collected them for a fair while. If you haven't worked it out you win prize cards by forming a sort of fantasy team on the website. You can only draft players if you have their codes: these come on the back of the silver cards in packets (you get one silver every pack). If you finish in the top 20 in a week in either of the fantasy games (called 4-star and 10-star) you get to pick a prize card which aren't available in the packets.

This years set contained 198 each of commons, silvers and golds, plus 18 captain footy pals, Footy pointers and Footy Flix. You get one of each of these every 9 packs on average. Also there are the wildcards (star and magic). You get one star OR one magic every box. There are also very limited edition ones of Roughead with the premiership cup and Ablett with the Brownlow. The odds of these are unknown.

As well as these there are the Auskick cards which were in packets kids got when they signed up for Auskick. These are not that common especially in mint condition. So all in all the release is pretty big and there are a lot of cards to collect, no matter what you collect!

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Scott :)

#7 Deals_with_Cruiser

Deals_with_Cruiser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:36 AM

This is the guy to talk to rumble.

Thanks for the info Scotty.

• Scotty_WCE likes this

1975-1991 SCANLENS CARDS

BUY SELL SWAP

Select 1993-2012 AFL

#8 rumble_the_bison

rumble_the_bison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:06 AM

Thanks heaps Scotty! No coincidence that I picked up those 2014 Teamcoaches off you ;)

One last question, how hard is it to be in the top 20? I assume it's like fantasy AFL so a game of skill/luck?

• Scotty_WCE likes this

#9 Scotty_WCE

Scotty_WCE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:21 AM

It's definitely a game of skill, although luck does help with getting big scores! I won one prize card last year for being top 20 (I was actually equal 1st!) and one the year before that, so it's hard but not impossible if you have a good team :)

Also, when you enter a code into the website you get to choose a winner and margin for that player's next game, and if you get it spot on you also win a prize card!

#10 mason264

mason264

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:24 AM

I've won 15 prize cards this year , won around 50 last year teamcoach seems to be getting bigger but same thing in the release most years same as select no real suprises, is a nice set to collect though, my kids have every brisbane / hawthorn card from 2000 on . Would think its worth collecting for fun as not as expensive as other releases if your a team collector , could cost a pretty penny if chasing all teams

Edited by mason264, 19 August 2014 - 02:25 AM.