How to Register

Welcome new user. This site runs on a single-sign on system; if you are registered on the main site then the first time you visit the forum when you are logged in an account will automatically be created for you with the same username. Simply login to the main site and you will be logged into the forum as well.

To register, simply click the "Register" link at the top right of the page.

Photo
Asccmag Blog

Graham ‘Polly’ Farmer ’63 Scanlens sells for whopping $7,200

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gimko

Gimko

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 780 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:40 AM

In possibly the biggest price every paid for a single card a 1963 Graham “Polly” Farmer card recently sold in an eBay Auction for $7,200. The card was in excellent condition.

The seller was Anthony Trigger from APTrigger Sports Card and Collectibles.

The card is one of the most sought after and difficult to find in the 1963 “holy grail” set. There have been various urban legends over the years but perhaps the most credible is that the card was that quite a number were damaged in production and destroyed.

A new high water mark has been set at $7,200.  However is it still a long way off the worlds most expensive card ever – the “Gretzky” Honus Wagner T206 card which sold for $2.8 million!

PollyFarmer.jpg

The post Graham ‘Polly’ Farmer ’63 Scanlens sells for whopping $7,200 appeared first on Australian Sports Card Collector Magazine.

View the full article
  • carlton91 likes this

#2 Deals_with_Cruiser

Deals_with_Cruiser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:51 AM

Wow.. one of the reasons I won't bother with the 63 set..they are too expensive..

There was another farmer sold recently around 3 large ,but condition not as pristine as the above..

1975-1991 SCANLENS CARDS

BUY SELL SWAP

Select 1993-2012 AFL

#3 AyiosYiorgos

AyiosYiorgos

• Moderators
  • 222 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:43 AM

Damn that's huge...

#4 arkman

arkman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:43 PM

I know I had some of those 1963 scanlen when I was growing now if I could only remember where I put them :rolleyes:

got a Mobil 1964 Polly..

#5 Deals_with_Cruiser

Deals_with_Cruiser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:24 PM

Best of luck with your search arkman..

have you got your list up yet of needs and wants mate?

I still need some 2012 silvers and golds to finish my trade sets and you said you had a few..

I will buy if needs be..

1975-1991 SCANLENS CARDS

BUY SELL SWAP

Select 1993-2012 AFL

#6 arkman

arkman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:02 AM

have you got your list up yet of needs and wants mate?

I still need some 2012 silvers and golds to finish my trade sets and you said you had a few..

I still have some, if you would like to PM, - as for my want list "almost nothing" as I am finding it hard to get interested in this years' cards.

Have only bought a few packs T/C & Select apart from the Herald sun ones./