How to Register

Welcome new user. This site runs on a single-sign on system; if you are registered on the main site then the first time you visit the forum when you are logged in an account will automatically be created for you with the same username. Simply login to the main site and you will be logged into the forum as well.

To register, simply click the "Register" link at the top right of the page.

Photo
Asccmag Blog

Lies, lies and more lies!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gimko

Gimko

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 780 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:05 PM

There are some pretty damaging rumours doing the rounds about ESP. We work very closely with ESP in a number of areas. They are extremely supportive of the hobby and we feel inclined to defend these rumour on their behalf head on. So let me start by saying – there is ZERO truth to any of what is being said!

Lets start with the rumours lies and facts:

1. 2014 Elite is not sold out and there are 100+ cases still in China.

2014 Elite is a genuine sellout. ESP have absolutely NO cases left. How do I know? I bought the last four and picked them up from ESP directly 3 weeks ago! Ikon Collectables have a handful of cases left however that is it. The rest is with sellers in the secondary market or been busted.

2. ESP have replaced Ikon Collectables with another distributer.

Okay if you really believe that ESP have replaced their national distributor with an ebay seller then maybe don’t bother reading on. This is laughable at best.

3. ESP are in financial trouble and may not be making any more cards.

This rumour is irresponsible, defamatory to ESP and damaging to the general hobby. 2014 sales for ESP have been up significantly on 2013. In fact the business has expanded so rapidly that ESP have had to move into larger offices to accommodate the extra staff.

All 2015 products remain on schedule. Traders is in the final stages of being packed out and will be available from the first week of March. Power Play is currently being printed and scheduled for release in April. Elite is in the final planning stages before printing and I can tell you all that it will be a step up from 2014 Elite.

While i am unsure exactly where these rumours are originating the person running around spreading them is an out and out liar, has an ax to grind and has had an anti ESP agenda since the day Select walked away from the NRL trading card license.

Defend your hobby and please treat this person and these rumours with the contempt that they deserve.

Owen O’Neil

Editor/Owner

Australian Sports Card Collector Magazine

The post Lies, lies and more lies! appeared first on Australian Sports Card Collector Magazine.

View the full article

• Dragon_fire, smp81, RabbitFlat and 2 others like this

#2 Jaede

Jaede

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:12 PM

Thanks for clearing some things up, much appreciated

#3 Cobretti

Cobretti

• Moderators
  • 323 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:07 PM

Yep thanks Owen.

#4 Footychick2014

Footychick2014

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:40 PM

Good stuff owen. I have to say ESP at first where not that great. But you have to give a card company who is just out in the market a chance. We got used to the way select was. This year's cards have been a lot better and the 2014 Elite has really shown what they can really do for us as collectors.

I'm looking forward to busting my two boxes of elite on xmas day and saving my money now for next year's releases. 

• Cobretti, AyiosYiorgos and Leith_Holding like this

#5 Richo75

Richo75

Group Breaker

• Group Breakers
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 07 December 2014 - 04:09 AM

Great Post Owen!